BEMVS is proud to support the charities RSPCA (ACT) and rescue organisation ‘Heavy Horse Heaven’ as their chosen charities. Services are provided at minimal cost (or no charge) to those horses that require veterinary treatment in their greatest time of need. All horses under the care of these organisations also receive a health check and dental examination/treatment at no cost.
BEMVS participates in the school work experience program as well as taking veterinary undergraduate students for clinical rotations during their final years.
Recent talks/demos to community organisations include:
- dental demonstration at a pony club zone rally day in Canberra
- a talk on conformation and conformation faults at the Arabian Society’s training day
- dental talk and demonstration at a clinic run by Anna Matterson
- promoting the RSPCA and veterinary dental care for horses in the Canberra Times (December 2010)
- promoting Heavy Horse Heaven
- promoting Equine Dental Vets (www.equinedentalvets.com.au) at Equitanana
Recent sponsorship committments;
- Canberra Royal Polocrosse Club sponsor 2011, 2012, 2013
- Murrumbateman Pony Club Showjumping Festival fundraising auction 2011, 2012, 2013
- Heavy Horse Heaven fundraising morning tea and Auction 2012
- Sponsored riders (4) in 2018
Please contact us if you are a community organisation and would like to request more information about BEMVS providing talks/demos to your organisation.